Privacy Disclosure Statement
We are collecting credit and personal information (information) about you, as applicable to source for you, or a company of which you are a director:
- Consumer credit for personal, household, domestic or residential investment purposes; or
- Commercial credit for business purposes; or
- Other services stated in this Privacy Disclosure Statement and Consent (Consent); or
- To support a guarantor application you will provide.
As your broker, we require the information we collect from you to assess your credit or guarantor application or the credit application of a company of which you are a director, source a suitable credit provider and any required insurances and to manage the application process, where required. If you do not provide the information sought, we may be unable to process your application or the company’s application, or we may be limited in the other services we can offer you or the company.
Your information – Collection and Credit Reporting Body (‘CRB’) Disclosures
When we collect information from you in the credit application process, we use that information in a number of ways to assess your credit application and to source a suitable credit provider or lessor and/or insurance provider.
- Disclose your identification information to a CRB if you wish us to obtain a report on your behalf;
- Use any information the CRB provides in that report to assist us to preliminarily assess your consumer credit or guarantor application;
- Disclose your personal information to an insurer or insurers to source any insurances you wish to obtain;
- Disclose your credit information to a credit provider or credit providers to apply for finance on your behalf.
The information we obtain from you is used, subject to compliance with Australia’s privacy and credit reporting law, only for the purposes listed in this Consent and is not disclosed to any other person except with your permission or as permitted, or required, by law.
As part of providing our services to you, we may undertake tasks for credit providers which are reasonably necessary to manage the application process. When doing so, we are acting as agent for the credit provider, with the same privacy law requirements applying to both of us.
We may submit your application to one or more credit providers. Those credit providers and their website addresses are set out in the Schedule at the end of this document.
A credit provider, to whom we submit an application, may disclose information about you and collect information from one or more CRBs.
- That the CRB may include information the credit provider discloses about you to other credit providers to assess your credit worthiness;
- That, if you become overdue in making consumer credit payments or you commit a serious credit infringement, the credit provider may disclose that information to a CRB;
- How you can obtain the credit provider’s and/or CRB’s policies about managing your credit information;
- Your right to access and/or correct information held about you and to complain about conduct that may breach the privacy and credit reporting laws;
- Your right to request a CRB not to undertake pre-screening for purposes of direct marketing by a credit provider;
- Your right to request a CRB not to release information about you if you believe you are a victim of fraud.
This detail will also be included by the credit provider who approves your application in the privacy disclosure statement and consent document it will provide to you.
Each credit provider website includes information on how to contact the credit provider and how to obtain a copy of its privacy documents in a form that suits you (e.g. hardcopy or email).
You have the right to ask:
- Us to provide you with all the information we hold about you;
- Us to correct the information we hold if it is incorrect;
- The CRB not to use your information for direct marketing assessment purposes, including pre-screening;
- The CRB to provide you with a copy of the information is holds about you.
If you have a complaint about how we handle your personal information, we want to hear from you. You are always welcome to contact us.
You can let us know about your complaint or feedback using our feedback form.
By giving us as much information as possible, you’ll help us resolve things faster. And if you have any supporting documentation, please have it handy when you raise your concern.
Most complaints are resolved quickly and you should hear from us within five business days.